Labels

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Drought

My creative energies haven't been there as of late and I haven't done much in the way of exploring new music. If you're bothering at all to read this, then I thank you greatly; this isn't the kind of gig I'd carry on for my own entertainment.

To keep on tab with me, and maybe inspire me to respond or facilitate something I've been listening a lot to Polish favorites Self Hate and Suffering Mind, and usbm acts Ash Borer, Fell Voices, and the new Leviathan album which I'll talk about at greater length sometime soon.
There's few albums that I really like that I can't give a concrete answer for. One of which being Self Hate's At the Beginning God Created Fear, another being Conqueror's War Cult Supremacy. I think something both albums contain is an incredible amount of ferocity, speed, and bat-shit vocals. To the former of the bands, the production definitely helps as it's absurdly heavy and viscous, so muddy at times I'd normally complain about it, but here, I'm loving it. It feels at times that things might just spiral out of control and that anxiety of wondering if the band can make it out of the song alive makes it all the more enjoyable.

The aura that At the Beginning... evokes is rare, it reminds me a bit of old Phobia and Brutal Truth, but a lot heavier and darker. I couldn't help but think, if this band were American, they'd be as revered as the other two previously mentioned.

Anyway, I'm finding more and more to like out of Central European acts like those mentioned, there's something great going on their besides hockey, sausage, and beer, and it's their grindcore. I plead to for you to listen to Gride, Lycanthrophy, and Wojtyla.

1 comment:

Andrew Childers said...

i always thought there was something vaguely jon chang-y about selfhate, especially the high vocals on at the beginning.

and i totally understand the drought feeling. i'd been having a hard time keeping up lately. i used try to write stuff a month in advance cuz i know i'm a streaky writer, but that hasn't been happening much lately. some days now i'm writing the day of. i'm hoping to build my stockpile back up again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...