Labels

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Springtime/Sunshine Grill Tunes

The weather's getting nicer, I'm slowly adding ice to my coffees and my pants are getting shorter by the day: Spring's here. While the weather's been a bit bipolar here in NYC (get it!?) I sense it's only a matter of time before I'm up to my knees in cans and hotdog bun wrappers. While I'm not shelving my black metal entirely, I feel it's time to show off some essential Spring to Summer listening.

Without further adieu, here are some albums to get spinnin' while you grill.

Anthrax - Among the Living
Maybe my favorite thrash album of all time. There's tons to sing along to and it's just plain fun.


 Danzig- I 
             


  



Perfect party music, "She Rides" and "Twist of Cain" are my jukebox favorites, they'll fit in outside too.


 Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky

I know you're saying "black metal on a sunny day, HUH!?" but ABITNS has the awesome backbeat and groove of "Dethroned Emperor" Celtic Frost with some seriously great riffs.

 Graf Orlock - Destination Time: Yesterday





Summer actionflicks mixed with rhythmically diverse grindcore is exactly what that kilbasa needs.



Insect Warfare - World Extermination



Energetic, perfectly constructed and devastatingly heavy, World Extermination makes for a good time.









Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
DBTO is full of headbangability and is a bit thrashier than the immaculate Melissa; "Welcome Princess of Hell" and "Nightmare" emphasize this perfectly.










Motorhead- No Sleep 'til Hammersmith

Only thing better then this would be Lemmy and co. 
sharing a brew with you and playing a gig
 for all your dumb friends. 
No Sleep 'til Hammersmith is Motorhead at their best.


             


Repulsion - Horrified

              Nothing happy about this, but  Scott's delivery and the simplistic headbanging riffs make this perfect grill side music.










Wehrmacht - Biermacht

Upbeat, fun, and energetic, this was Wehrmacht's crowning achievement. The best crossover album around.









3 comments:

Perpetual Strife said...

thanks brah

Andrew Childers said...

hmmm. i've never actually grilled to music. i'm intrigued. maybe do some slow smoking to sunn 0))). sear some burgers to in flames (especially the way i cook). lamb chops to lamb of god...

Perpetual Strife said...

hahahahahaha.

"The Drone Pit: The only BBQ joint where our meat's tenderized by the absurdly low tones of Sunn 0)))"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...