Labels

Friday, January 4, 2013

Bandcamp of the Week: My Fictions

My Fictions play a great brand of post-hardcore/screamo that's not afraid to get heavy and blast, or somber and crash. Hailing from good 'ol Lowell Massachusetts (ya might remeba it from da Fighta ya retad-go sox)* these guys do everything I could want. Super emotive, heavy, melodic, catchy, and energetic as hell, My Fictions sets the bar high for what'll me an inevitable dive into current screamo acts.

I've been digging I Want Nothing really hard, but just finding out about Always Trapped I'm in a pleasant pickle of picking which one to repeat. As I said, I'm a bit of a newbie in the world of post-harcore/screamo (whatever the hell you want to call it) but this shit kicks dick. Melody and momentous builds like Envy, yet some real stomach churning and heavy stuff borrowed from what I'm sure is a healthy hardcore upbringing in Massachusetts, the band is far from a one trick pony. The vocals are so varied and dynamic, as are the guitars as they pluck and whine, chug and thrive.

Worth a shot for fans of Pg. 99, Converge, American Nightmare, Touche Amore, Mouth of the Architect and Envy.






*(INEXCUSABLY BAD MASSACHUSETTS ACCENT TYPED OUT- MY APOLOGIES -ed.) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...