Labels

Monday, March 12, 2012

Tour of Duty: The Netherlands

When I think of the Dutch music scene it's really just Urfaust, a band I was lucky enough to catch this past summer. Beyond that, I'll be honest I don't listen to this scene it that often. Thankfully, due to your seeming enjoyment of this series, and a general thirst for new music, I've come upon a few new acts as well as older ones I've had sitting around forever that ya'll might like.

There's Countess with the old-school narrow perspective on how things are to be done, Bestial Summoning with their war metal-lite style, Sammath with one of the heaviest black metal sounds around, Irrwisch with one of the best melodic/atmospheric eps, and of course Urfaust tying it all up with the ethereal guitar/vocal driven dirge that sits as my favorite effort of theirs. De Magia Veterum play a strange synthy style of symphonic metal that toys with a mid era Blut Aus Nord kinda sound. There's Nihill who play a dense suffocating and a bit strange style akin to Darkspace. I've also included the harsh and unsettling sounds of Gnaw Their Tongues, a band based in black metal but pushed towards the noisy, abstract and frightening edges of modern extreme music.
My paint skills know no bounds.


So fuck the Stroopwafel, get some black metal!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...